Moving From ISO:9001 2008 to ISO 9001:2015
1. Moving from ISO 9001:2008 to ISO 9001:2015
4. What are the major differences ? The most noticeable change to the standard is its new structure. ISO 9001:2015 now follows the same overall structure as other ISO management system standards (known as the High-Level Structure), making it easier for anyone using multiple management systems. More information can be found in Annex SL of ISO/IEC Directives Part 1 (the rules for developing ISO standards). Another major difference is the focus on risk-based think - ing. While this has always been part of the standard, the new version gives it increased prominence.
2. ISO 9001 is a standard that sets out the requirements for a quality management system. It helps businesses and organizations to be more efficient and improve customer satisfaction . Endeavoring for the sus tainable future !! I C S Myanmar www.icsmyanmar.com A new version of the standard, ISO 9001:2015
3. Why has the standard been revised I SO standards are reviewed every five years and revised if needed. This helps ensure they remain useful tools for the marketplace. The challenges faced by business and organizations today are very different from a few decades ago and ISO 9001 has been updated to take this new environment into account. For example, increased globalization has changed the way we do business and organizations often operate more complex supply chains than they did in the past. In addition, there are increased expectations from customers and other interested parties and, with more access to information, today’s wider society has a stronger voice than ever before. ISO 9001 needs to reflect these changes in order to remain relevant.
7. I am certified to ISO 9001:2008. What should I do ? If you wish to maintain your certification to ISO 9001, you will need to upgrade your quality management system to the new edition of the standard and seek certification to it. You have a three-year transition period from the date of publication (September 2015) to move to the 2015 version. This means that, after the end of September 2018, a certificate to ISO 9001:2008 will no longer be valid. For more details of your ISO enquiry Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us +959 420 148 777 / +959 420 707 686
5. What benefits does the new version bring ? The new version of the standard brings the user a number of benefits. For example, ISO 9001:2015 : • Puts greater emphasis on leadership engagement • Helps address organizational risks and opportunities in a structured manner • Uses simplified language and a common structure and terms, which are particularly helpful to organizations using multi - ple management systems, such as those for the environment, health & safety, or business continuity • Addresses supply chain management more effectively • Is more user-friendly for service and knowledge-based organizations
6. I am currently using ISO 9001:2008. What should I do ? The 2015 edition has now replaced the 2008 ver - sion. Since it has been revised to meet the needs of today’s business world, we recommend that you update your quality management system to fit the new version. Every organization is different, so the steps needed to adjust your management system are likely to be unique to your situation. However, here are some tips that will help you get started on the journey. Tip 1 – Familiarize yourself with the new document. While some things have indeed changed, many remain the same. A correlation matrix, available from ISO / TC 176/ SC 2, will help you identify if parts of the standard have been moved to other sections. Tip 2 – Identify any organizational gaps which need to be addressed to meet the new requirements. Tip 3 – Develop an implementation plan. Tip 4 – Provide appropriate training and awareness for all parties that have an impact on the effectiveness of the organization. Tip 5 – Update your existing quality management system to meet the revised requirements. Tip 6 – If you are certified to the standard, talk to your certification body about transitioning to the new version.
- 1000 Total Views
- 621 Website Views
- 379 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 4 22.214.171.124
- 11 www.icsmyanmar.com
- 2 ec2-52-37-168-158.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com